Wednesday, Jan. 11 to Friday, Jan. 27
Open to students at all campuses
Take a photo and send it to Student Engagement Officer Andy Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, January 27 to be entered into the contest.
Students must send in their photos before the last day for submission. A committee will pick the best six entries. The entries will be displayed for voting in Waap Amgam at the Cedar Café. The photo with the highest number of votes will win a gift basket.
1. Photographs should be in digital format and only taken using mobile devices (not a professional camera) and must be posted with no watermark or graphics. Please use the best settings on your mobile device.
2. If selected as a top six photo contestant, you will be asked to email your submission in a JPEG or PNG format with a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption” and name of photographer, including what mobile phone used.
Note: The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
The following photographs will be disqualified:
1. Photographs that have been previously submitted or have won any local or international photography contest.
2. Photographs that violate a person’s rights including, but not limited to copyright and privacy.
3. Photographs that contain obscene, sexually explicit, offensive or any other objectionable or inappropriate content.
4. Digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes.
5. Altered images refer to photographs manipulated and applied with special effects (colourizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panoramas, high dynamic range or HDR images, etc.). Only minor adjustments acceptable is adjustment of colour, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalents are allowed.
6. The submitted image is a single work of original material created and taken solely by the photo contest participant.
7. The photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.