Help develop and host events and activities for CMTN students.
Our Leaders in Action volunteers assist with on-campus events and in planning and organizing a variety of social, sporting and cultural activities. Volunteers receive training and orientation to gain valuable skills to support CMTN student engagement. This opportunity is open to all Coast Mountain College students enrolled in University Credit, CCP, Trades or Diploma programs.
- Participate in a committee to plan off-campus events for students including lunches at restaurants, cultural events, and excursions to local attractions
- Lead campus tours and assist at orientation sessions
- Assist at on-campus cultural and special events
In appreciation of their contributions each Leader in Action volunteer is presented with a reference letter and a Statement of Achievement at the completion of his/her time in the program. Other incentives may be awarded to exceptional volunteers!
- Feel great about helping others
- Meet new people
- Experience new things
- Develop new skills
- Gain a great reference for your resume
All selected volunteers are enthusiastic, outgoing, and trained by the CMTN Student Services team.
In addition, all volunteers must:
- Be full-time students at CMTN during the academic year (Sept - April)
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 10 hours per semester
- Commit to volunteering for a minimum of 2 semesters
Leaders in Action benefits and recognition
One day event (4+ hours)
- $40 CMTN gift card
- T-shirt and ID badge
- invitation to CMTN volunteer lunch
Two day event - 8hrs or more
- $80 CMTN gift card
- Reference Letter
- invitation to Leaders in Action & CMTN Foundation Annual Luncheon
Three day event - 16 hrs or more
- Leaders In Action Certificate
- $100 CMTN gift card
- Reference Letter
- participation in Leaders in Action showcase
- invitation to the Leaders in Action & CMTN Foundation Annual Luncheon
Manager of Campus Community