The Prince Rupert Port Authority provides two annual awards of $1,500 each to two Coast Mountain College students. The purpose of these awards is to encourage and financially assist students from northern BC to obtain a trade, technology, environmental, engineering or business career.
1. The Prince Rupert Port Authority Academic Excellence Award
2. The Prince Rupert Port Authority Supporting Trade Apprenticeships Award
To be eligible a student must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee, and BC resident;
- Be enrolled full-time (60% course load min) in a University Credit, Business Administration, or Trades program;
- Have a 3.0 min GPA or equivalent.
Preference will be given to local applicants pursuing a career that will support Port-related industry and includes such disciplines as business, trades, environmental studies and engineering. Preference will also be given to candidates that demonstrate a desire to practice their chosen profession in communities in northern British Columbia following post-secondary graduation. Preference will be given to applicants from Prince Rupert, the District of Port Edward, Metlakatla, Lax Kw'alaams, Gitxaala, or Git ga'at. If no applicants are identified from these communities, then Terrace, Kitsumkalum, and Kitselas residents can be chosen.
If there are no eligible applicants for one of the two awards, a second award in the same category can be given out.
General Award Application
- Printable Version [PDF]