Calling all photographers and creatives!
Coast Mountain College is holding a fall photo contest this month asking CMTN students to take their best fall campus photo using only their phone camera and post it on social media (Facebook and Instagram) using the hashtag #CMTNBeautiFALL.
We are searching for the best 10 photos to be displayed in our Terrace campus gallery in the Cedar Building from October 25 to October 28.
Post by Oct. 19 to be entered into the contest.
Students and staff will then be able to vote for their favourite image by ballot at the gallery.
The top winner will be announced on Oct. 29 and win a $50 CMTN gift card!
Please note that if you are selected as a top 10 contestant, we will request for you to send the image via email in its highest resolution so we can print it properly. Images will then be professional framed and publicly displayed.
If you have any questions, contact student engagement officer Anjo Colago at email@example.com.
1. Location must be within the vicinity of any Coast Mountain College campus that captures beautiful autumn colours and may include people.
2. Photographs should be in digital format and only taken using mobile devices (not a professional camera) and must be posted with no watermark or graphics. Please use the best settings on your mobile device.
3. If selected as a top 10 photo contestant, you will be asked to email your submission in a JPEG or PNG format with a corresponding “photo title” and “photo caption” and name of photographer, including what mobile phone used.
Note: The caption must indicate the place where the image was taken and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
The following photographs will be disqualified:
1. Photographs that have been previously submitted or have won any local or international photography contest.
2. Photographs that violate a person’s rights including, but not limited to copyright and privacy.
3. Photographs that contain obscene, sexually explicit, offensive or any other objectionable or inappropriate content.
4. Digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes.
5. Altered images refer to photographs manipulated and applied with special effects (colourizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panoramas, high dynamic range or HDR images, etc.). Only minor adjustments acceptable is adjustment of color, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalents are allowed.
6. The submitted image is a single work of original material created and taken solely by the photo contest participant.
7. The photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.