Introduction to Indoor Growing of Cannabis
This course explores indoor and greenhouse Cannabis cultivation techniques for the small-scale grower. Topics covered include botany, the Cannabis growth cycle, growing systems and media, nutrients, environmental controls such as lighting, media, ventilation, etc., strain selection, and sanitation/disease/pest control.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the current taxonomy of Cannabis sp.
- Identify plant anatomy structures of the Cannabis plant
- Compare and contrast the morphology of C. sativa, C. indica and C. ruderalis
- Explain basic plant physiology
- Outline the Cannabis growth and production cycle
- Discuss growing systems and media options for the indoor grower
- Describe nutrient requirements in the indoor environment
- Outline the necessary environmental requirements for successful indoor Cannabis cultivation
- Discuss strain considerations for the indoor environment
- Troubleshoot Sanitation, Disease, and Pest Management
- Cannabis Growth Cycle
- Systems and Growth Media Options
- Nutrient Requirements
- Environmental Factors: Lighting, Water, Temperature & Ventilation, Humidity
- Strains for the indoor garden (Feminized, Auto-flowering, CBD/Medical, etc)
- Sanitation and Disease and Pest Management
No upcoming dates scheduled. Please contact your local campus to express interest or contact Contract Services to set up training for your organization.
- Cannabis Regulations and Licensing